I e-met the amazing Bianca Marais when I reached out to her about being on a panel with me at Podfest in Orlando in January. Bianca, who is the host of the fabulously informative podcast The Shit No One Tells You About Writing, was so lovely and agreed to join the panel.
We connected, though, in other ways. She is the author of several terrific books, and a fabulous novel about witches (which is right up my alley). She teaches the craft of writing, like I do, and is from South Africa, like my husband. Actually, hearing her speak makes me think of our family on the other side of the world in a warm and fuzzy way.
Our conversation is engaging and we cover so many fascinating aspects of writing a novel (which I’m in the painful throes of, by the way). I think you will love hearing Bianca speak as much as I do.
Watch on YouTube
Connect with Estelle
Her website: (sign up for her newsletter and receive her pitching guide).
Writing That Gets Noticed: Find Your Voice, Become a Better Storyteller, Get Published: Available wherever books are sold and now a class at NYU.
Adjunct Instructor, NYU (Sign up for her latest classes, including her new NYU class called Writing That Gets Noticed, now appplicable for a journalism certificate)
Substack (craft tips, editor information, writing opportunities, early announcements and for paid subscribers special Freelance Writing Direct extended videos).
X (formerly Twitter)
- Speaking with master interviewer Ronit Plank for Let’s Talk Memoir was a pleasure in this episode: Writing That Gets Noticed Featuring Estelle Erasmus
- Know Your True Self Podcast: Writing That Gets Noticed with Estelle Erasmus
- I loved speaking about my experiences working in publishing, and sharing craft advice with Bill Kenower for Author2Author.
- I also liked the video interview with Bill Kenower here for Author Magazine.
- I was also interviewed for the podcast Writers’ Voices: Estelle Erasmus Gives Great Advice in Writing That Gets Noticed
Don’t miss my latest substack issue called Forget About “Beautiful” Writing where I offer an extended version of my podcast interview with Amy Jones, Editor-in-chief of Writer’s Digest for paid subscribers.
Don’t miss my announcement that Writing That Gets Noticed is now a Journalism Course at NYU for the Journalism Certificate.
Writing That Gets Noticed is in a Gift Guide
Thank you to Carol Cassara for including my book in her gift guide. It really is the perfect holiday gift for the writer or blogger in your life.