By Estelle Erasmus
When I was a magazine editor, one of my favorite parts of my job was curating content and providing my readers with the best information and writing.
So why not resurrect what I used to do best?
Here are more of the best links and writing I’ve seen on the web for your reading pleasure. For my previous content curation sensations column click here.
1) This piece The Getaway by Andrea Jarrell on Full Grown People will have you shivering in your shoes. It gripped me and didn’t let me go.
Andrea and I are both contributors to the anthology by The HerStories Project Team, My Other Ex: Women’s True Stories of Losing and Leaving Friends.
Here is my Google Hangout with Stephanie Sprenger, one half of the HerStories Project team (the other is Jessica Smock)
2) “I Miss My Daddy. Divorce Stinks” by Laura LifShitz on the Motherlode blog encapsulates the woes of divorce from a child’s viewpoint.
3) Mothering in the Rain by Lauren Apfel for Brain, Child. Lauren speaks so poetically about living in Scotland and getting through the days with her children when all she hears is the pitter patter of raindrops.
4) Children and Forced Affection by Allison Goines on What the Flicka? is a must-read. I’m a big believer that we shouldn’t force our children to hug and kiss anyone from relatives to friends.
I’m a contributor to What The Flicka? Here are the links to my articles that I’ve had syndicated.
5) Jennifer Berney writes in I’m Not Sorry for Yelling in Brain, Child about how she wants her anger to not be a verboten part of her child’s life. Boy, can I relate. Can you?
6) Randi Olin writes in Back In the Saddle for Modern Loss about what it meant to her when her teenaged son decided to get back on his bike after a tragedy.
7) This story in Dame magazine by Darlena Cunha I Couldn’t Afford to Lean In made me so mad. But, it is unfortunately the reality for so many women. It needs to change.
Till next week.