Hope everyone had a nice Holiday season. As I just got back from a one week family cruise (more about that later), where I was totally disconnected from reality (i.e. the Internet, wi-fi, and any phone or IPad device), I have had to do a lot of catching up on my blog reading.
Since when I find something great I just have to share it, I thought you might find this listing of interesting, fun, and informative reads helpful, and perhaps even hilarious. One more thing: I’m starting a
weekly monthly, Top 10 Best of the Blog Posts. And Ta Da here is my first post on the topic.
1). Looking for more blogs to read, or to do a linkup for no other reason than to include your own blog and find out about others? Look no further than this blog post from Dresden Shoemaker of Creating Motherhood.
2) This hilarious “real-time” Christmas ‘celebration” play-by-play from Paige Kellerman of There’s More Where That Came From.
3) My fellow 2012 Circle of Mom’s Award Winner People I Want to Punch in the Throat and her hilarious post on people getting people sick this time of year. By the way, this is personal, I am reading this while in the throes of a cold brought on by coughing, sneezing people on a cruise ship. So, yes, this resonates for me.
4) An amazing discourse on mental health and gun control from therapist and blogger extraordinaire Rage Against the Minivan that actually provides solutions!
5) Because I love poetry (witness my recent Holiday Cheer Is Here takeoff on T’was The Night Before Christmas and my Fun with Words Fridays here and here and here ) I couldn’t help but be tickled by Ann Imig of Ann’s Rants rendition of the song These Are a Few of My Favorite Things. Ann is also the much-loved mother of the cultural phenomenon Listen to Your Mother, a show now in 24 cities, which I was featured in last May in the NYC show, along with 13 other women and a man. See my reading here of And She Danced.
6) Tracy Beckerman on her blog Lost in Suburbia talks about the humerous maladies one can suffer this time of the year (Lickity Split Tongue from licking stamps and envelopes, anyone?)
7) Because I’m a Bethanny Frankel admirer (shush you haters out there, she’s the girl I’d love to call my BFF as my BFF’s already know), I adored this post on Bethanny’s end of her Ever After by Melissa Chapman of Married My Sugar Daddy.
8) Wendi Aarons writes her list of New Year’s resolutions for 2013. I don’t know about you but I’m still working on mine. Here’s one of hers: This year I will ask my Spin class teacher to play Queen’s Fat Bottomed Girls during class, then I’ll point to the snotty woman who sits in the back talking and chomping on gum and mouth, “They singin’ bout YOU, Hambone.”
9) Momfluential who writes about dealing with her Jewish child’s feelings about Santa bypassing his house. Confession: I am Jewish, but married a non-Jew and we celebrate both holidays, as I wrote in my recent (and slightly controversial) guest post on Kveller. However, I totally get where Momfluential is coming from, as I was raised not to celebrate Xmas.
10) If you haven’t yet, you should check out Aiming Low. Particularly, because this week they featured yours truly in not one, but TWO guest blog posts. A shortened version of my Preschooler is in the CIA post (here is the original, longer version), and one on my daughter’s fascination with the color purple.
Happy reading and Happy New Year!
What funny or informative blog post (that’s not your own) do you recommend reading and why?